February 10, 2020

Turn your wish into work

I wouldn't say I'm an analytical person by nature, but reflection and connecting with how I feel is, and always has been, an important part of my thinking process. But if all we do is wish that things would happen, then we will never reach our full potential. It takes planning and action to reach our goals.

Our rhythms and patterns can stagnate us or lift us to a higher place! One of the best things I have done over the recent months is get up early and run, particularly on a Monday morning - yes the dreaded beginning of the work week! If I just thought about wanting to be healthy, but I never got out of bed, then I would be stuck in the "I hate Mondays" syndrome. Instead I put my mindset on what I want to achieve, I get up, I put in the work, and I feel so much better for having done so. As a result not only is my body benefiting from this, but so is my mind. I am finding that I have more energy and ability to tackle the challenges ahead every week. By the way, I do this on Friday mornings often too!

So don't just wish things were better, make them better, plan it and put in the necessary work! I'm not letting any obstacles stand in my way...I'm just going to run right by them!

No comments:

Post a Comment